How to contribute to the site content
If you are interested in contributing content to this website, we would welcome the information. Following are some ways you may be interested in contributing:
Register to the site
Our roster lists all registered members of our site. Registered members have access to all areas of the site including the roster, which will allow you to contact fellow pro bono colleagues from around the world. Registered members may also wish to participate in our listserv discussions; you will be presented with this option during registration.
How to do it:
- Click on the Join this Area link on the top left-hand corner of the home page.
- Enter a valid e-mail address and click 'continue'.
- Please complete all applicable areas on the 'General Information' form. The asterisks (*) indicate a required field. In the form, please be sure to indicate which law firm or organisation you work for or are involved with, as your registration cannot be approved without this information. You can access and modify your data at any time once you become a member.
- Finally, click on the 'Finished' button.
At this point, your request for membership will be reviewed to ensure that all members are legal professionals interested in pro bono legal work. An e-mail is sent out to request more information if necessary.
Shortly afterward, your log-in details will be e-mailed to the e-mail address provided.
Do not hesitate to contact us in case of any queries or difficulties at email@example.com.
Whether you are a registered member or not, your contribution is always most welcome. All of the items submitted are reviewed to ensure their suitability.
Site users may directly upload:
- Links to news articles related to pro bono or blog entries regarding elements of pro bono;
- Resources such as training materials, presentations, case information, articles, reports, etc which discuss pro bono;
- Links to events in any jurisdiction where pro bono is being addressed.
.Pdf, .ppt and .doc documents are welcome.
How to do it:
- Click on the appropriate tab (news, resources, events) -- the list of tabs appears across the top of the homepage.
- In the top right-hand corner of pages in each of these sections, you may click on "Add a news item", "Add a resource" or "Add event" (depending on which section of the site you are in, you will see the related link). This link will take you to a form to complete to submit an item.
- At the end of the form, there is a validation box, which is a security check essential for the system to process the information on the form. Please make sure that the text entered in this validation box is correct.
Once submitted, the request will be reviewed prior to publication on the website. The site administrator will seek permission from the source of the link prior to approving any items.
Write an article
Some of our contributors write articles for publication on this site.
Currently the IBA Pro bono and Access to Justice Committee is publishing a series of articles exclusive to this site, on the Focus on Best Practices tab. Articles on this topic may be submitted for review by the Committee for publication.
Articles on other topics may also be suitable for posting in our resources section.
If you would like your article to be considered for publication, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Write a post, or post a comment, on our blog
You do not need to join the blog site to leave comments -- visit our blog today!
If you are interested in writing a blog post, please submit your proposed text to email@example.com for review by the Committee officers.
Participate in our listserv discussions
Please note: you will need to register to the site (at no cost) in order to participate in the listserv discussions.
To post a message to the listserv, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type the email address in the "To" field on your email and the message will be sent to the entire group. Your email will then go to the IBA list administrator who will approve the posting as suitable for the group. Please be aware that the subscribers to the list number over two hundred recipients, and thus we ask that you only send messages suitable for a very large group of pro bono practitioners.
Use the listserv to alert your fellow website members to new developments, activities, projects in the field of pro bono. Post general discussion questions that members of the group may respond to. Exchange information. Network. Please note that request for pro bono assistance will not be approved for distribution. Use of the listserv for advertising purposes is prohibited and could result in your immediate deletion from the listserv. If you have any questions about whether your announcement is an appropriate item for the listserv, please contact email@example.com.
Give us feedback
Your regular feedback is essential and most valuable to us and to the international pro bono legal community. We welcome all suggestions and comments via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!